Chana DahlFrom cherriepie 5 years ago
How to make it
- Soak the lentils in fresh water for an hour
- Cook the lentils with the turmeric and salt in enough water just to cover until tender but not completely cooked and the water has evaporated. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the cumin seeds and fry until they crackle.
- Add the onions and sauté until golden brown
- Stir in the ginger and garlic puree and the chilli powder
- Stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes, then add the tomatoes and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until you have a course puree
- Add the parcooked lentils and simmer gently until they are tender.
- To serve, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and fresh green chilli
The Cookcherriepie Melbourne, AU
The Rating2 people
Went well with my butter chicken and aloo gobi tonight! Thanks!jeef_boner in Auckland loved it
My family liked it! Even the six-year old had several small helpings to go with her naan. Not overly spicy. There are a lot of red onion but it doesn't taste overpowering. Will make again! Thank you! Next time I will add exactly enough water that JUS...moremommyandkeiki in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!