Ground Beef Or Turkey CasseroleFrom chacha 4 years ago
- 1 to 1-1/2 lb. lean ground beef - I like using ground turkey as well shopping list
- 1 tsp. garlic powder or 1 garlic clove minced - optional shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced small shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. cumin - optional shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. taco seasoning shopping list
- 1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 1 cup cooked rice - I usually prepare this recipe when I have leftover rice. shopping list
- NOTE: I use brown rice because that's what we like but white rice is just as good. shopping list
- 4 cups cheddar cheese, grated shopping list
- 1 (8oz) pkg. tortilla chips, gently broken shopping list
- 2 spring onions, sliced for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Saute beef / turkey, onion, jalapeno pepper, red bell pepper, cumin and taco seasoning.
- Drain all fat.
- Blend tomatoes, mushroom soup and rice.
- Gently break tortilla chips.
- Layer all ingredients in a 2 quart casserole beginning & ending with tortilla chips.
- Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes or until you see the cheese is bubbling.
- Serve with your favorite vegetables or a crisp green salad.