Kung Pao ShrimpFrom mommylotte 5 years ago
- 1 Kilo of shrimp (Head removed, pelled and devein) shopping list
- 1 Tsp of garlic (minced) shopping list
- 1 Tsp of ginger (minced) shopping list
- 1 small onion (quartered) shopping list
- 2 cups of roasted peanuts (You may add more or less) shopping list
- 10 pcs of Dried Chillies (I used only 3 to make it less spicy) shopping list
- 1/4 cup of green onions (cut into half-inch length)(optional) shopping list
- 2 pcs of green bell peppers (deseeded and cut into wedges) shopping list
- FOR THE SAUCE: shopping list
- 4 Tbsp of light soy sauce (I used Kikkoman) shopping list
- 1 Tsp of cornstarch diluted in 4 Tbsp of water shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp of sesame oil shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp of rice vinegar shopping list
- 2 Tsp of sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Make the Kung Pao Sauce. In a bowl, pour in the Soy Sauce, Vinegar, Sesame Oil, Sugar and the Cornstarch Mixture. Mix well then set aside.
- In a pan, Saute garlic and ginger until they turn medium brown in color and aromatic.
- Add the bell peppers, onion and dried chillies.Stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- Throw in the peanuts.
- Add the shrimps and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the Kung Pao Sauce. Blend well, make sure that the shrimps are well coated with sauce. If the sauce is not thick enough, make another Cornstarch Mixture. 1 Tsp of Cornstarch diluted in 2 Tsp of water. Then add to the shrimps. Mix well.
- Turn off heat and sprinkle with Green Onions (this is optional).
- Serve hot.