Kung Pao ShrimpFrom mommylotte 7 years ago
- 1 Kilo of shrimp (Head removed, peeled and devein) shopping list
- 1 Tsp of garlic (minced) shopping list
- 1 Tsp of ginger (minced) shopping list
- 1 small onion (quartered) shopping list
- 2 cups of roasted peanuts (You may add more or less) shopping list
- 10 pcs of Dried Chillies (I used only 3 to make it less spicy) shopping list
- 1/4 cup of green onions (cut into half-inch length)(optional) shopping list
- 2 pcs of green bell peppers (deseeded and cut into wedges) shopping list
- FOR THE SAUCE: shopping list
- 4 Tbsp of light soy sauce (I used Kikkoman) shopping list
- 1 Tsp of cornstarch diluted in 4 Tbsp of water shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp of sesame oil shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp of rice vinegar shopping list
- 2 Tsp of sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Make the Kung Pao Sauce. In a bowl, pour in the Soy Sauce, Vinegar, Sesame Oil, Sugar and the Cornstarch Mixture. Mix well then set aside.
- In a pan, Saute garlic and ginger until they turn medium brown in color and aromatic.
- Add the bell peppers, onion and dried chillies.Stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- Throw in the peanuts.
- Add the shrimps and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the Kung Pao Sauce. Blend well, make sure that the shrimps are well coated with sauce. If the sauce is not thick enough, make another Cornstarch Mixture. 1 Tsp of Cornstarch diluted in 2 Tsp of water. Then add to the shrimps. Mix well.
- Turn off heat and sprinkle with Green Onions (this is optional).
- Serve hot.
The Cookmommylotte Aichi Ken, Japan
The Rating4 people
Very nice! Thanks.maureenlaw in ST LOUIS loved it
Love this. One of my favorite Chinese dishes.joe1155 in Munchen loved it
wow. another great recipe collection. thanks. 5 forks for you^_^jegski in Aljubail loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!