Butter Wine Chicken with garlic vidalia onions and mushroomsFrom dmajor 6 years ago
- 1 to 1.5 pounds boneless chicken breast slightly frozen for easy slicing shopping list
- 1 small can sliced mushrooms, drained well shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced thin shopping list
- 1 Vidalia salad onion(bulb and lower 1/3 of greens) sliced shopping list
- 1 1/3 sticks butter shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste(about a dash each) shopping list
- 1/3 cup half and half shopping list
- 3/4 cup marsala cooking wine shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dry chicken flavored soup base shopping list
How to make it
- Slice chicken very thin( you need about 3 to 4 slices per person)
- In large skillet, not the non stick kind, heat 1 stick butter over med heat.
- Mix flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in mixing bowl.
- Dredge chicken pieces in flour covering both sides.
- Place chicken in skillet and cook over low med heat for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side(you may need to do this in batches)
- Remove chicken from pan and stir in remaining butter, onions, and garlic
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes over low/med heat.
- Stir in mushrooms, half and half, chicken base, and wine, cover and continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Return chicken to pan and continue to cook 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookdmajor Slidell, LA
The Rating5 people
sounds really good to me what time is din din lol
ill be there .........
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
'CHICHENLICIOUS' "5"FORK!!!!! Goodness!
I Love to cook Chicken with Wine~
Wine adds a subtle 'depth of flavor'~
~Thank-you for sharing~
~*~mj~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!