Vegetable Lasagna RecipeFrom michaella 3 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- •2 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- •1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- •3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- •1/2 cup diced green pepper shopping list
- •1/2 cup diced red pepper shopping list
- •1/2 cup diced zucchini shopping list
- •8 oz. sliced mushrooms shopping list
- •2 26 oz. jars spaghetti sauce or 6 cups homemade spaghetti sauce shopping list
- •kosher salt and black pepper to taste shopping list
- •15 oz. part-skim ricotta cheese shopping list
- •2 large eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- •1 cup shredded asiago cheese shopping list
- •12 oven-ready lasagna noodles, such as Ronzoni or Barilla shopping list
- •1 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- •2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- half a cup of water shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2.Heat olive oil in a large (12- or 14-inch) skillet over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and peppers. Saute several minutes until vegetables start to soften.
- 3.Add zucchini and mushrooms. Saute 2-3 more minutes until the vegetables have released most of their water. Stir in spaghetti sauce.
- 4.Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let the sauce simmer about 7-10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- 5.In a medium bowl, mix ricotta cheese, eggs and asiago cheese together. Set aside.
- 6.Spoon about 3/4 cup of the vegetable sauce into the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
- 7.Top with four lasagna noodles, going crosswise. It's okay if they overlap.
- 8.Top with 1/2 of the ricotta mixture, the Parmesan cheese and 1/3 of the sauce.
- 9.Top with four more lasagna noodles, the remaining ricotta mixture, 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese and 1/3 of the sauce.
- 10.Top with the remaining lasagna noodles and remaining spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella over the spaghetti sauce. Pour the water over the lasagna.
- 11.Cover with aluminum foil, and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil, and bake another 10-20 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- 12.Let rest 15 minutes before cutting.
The Cookmichaella CHRISTCHURCH, NZ
The Rating3 people
Agree with you, vegetable is a super change and not as heavy.
Had to find anyone that makes this out here,
but I will be giving this a try like maybe Saturday,
Thanks for the High 5>>>>>
Janetjlv1023 in Plymouth loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!