Almond RocaFrom rodeogirl73 7 years ago
How to make it
- In large saucepan, gently boil syrup, sugar, butter & water until hard crack stage on candy thermometer (300°) Do not stir!
- This step takes at least ten minutes.
- I mean don't stir after you have initially stirred up to make sure it is well combined and dissolved and started to boil.
- Remove from heat, add almonds and mix well.
- Spread on ungreased cookie sheet and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- As they melt, spread chips evenly over the candy.
- Cool in fridge or freezer.
- Break into bite size pieces and hide.
- *You can toast the almonds in a fry pan over medium heat until slightly brown.
The Cookrodeogirl73 Tacoma, WA
The Rating4 people
Looks like a great recipe. I'll be adding it to my baking list for Xmas. Thanks.555+++brianna in loved it
Good evening,I have been looking for this recipe and I thank you for sharing. You have my 5. Thanks again.....Cherylcherylannxo in Santa Nella loved it
LOL! Step 8 is so funny, yet so true -- Break into bite size pieces and hide!! I can't wait to make these -- and hide them too! Thank you!wdsdy in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!