Whole Wheat Apricot MuffinsFrom stalwart 4 years ago
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1-1/4 teaspoons grated orange rind shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped dried apricots shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, sugar, orange rind, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk; make a well in center of mixture. Combine buttermilk, butter, vanilla, and egg; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Fold in apricots.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center. Remove muffins from pan, and place on a wire rack.
- From Martha Condra, Cooking Light, NOVEMBER 2004