Mini Steak Sandwich with Chimichurri SauceFrom chefbear 3 years ago
- Chimichurri Sauce: shopping list
- 1 cup lightly packed chopped parsley (ideally, flat leaf "Italian" parsley) shopping list
- 3 to 5 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper flakes shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves (optional) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons shallot or onion, minced shopping list
- 3/4 cup vegetable or olive oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar, or red wine vinegar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- Steak: shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons salt shopping list
- 2 1/2 pounds rib-eye, New York strip, or sirloin steak, 1 1/2 inches thick shopping list
- 2 baguettes, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick slices shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat a grill.
- Place all chimichurri sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until well chopped, but not pureed. Set aside.
- Dissolve cayenne pepper and salt in 1 cup hot water. Transfer to a squeeze container.
- Place the steak directly over a hot grill, baste with the chimichurri sauce, and grill until the outer portion of the meat reaches the desired degree of doneness. 6 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Remove the steak from the grill and slice long strips from the outer edges of the steak and place it on a slice of baguette, and enjoy.
- Alternatively, you can grill the steak and just add the sauce at the end without basting it throughout the cooking time.
- Recommended beverage: Argentinian Malbec (red)
The Cookchefbear Ottawa, CA
The Rating5 people
Very nice!maureenlaw in ST LOUIS loved it
This a Recipe with the W.O.W. Factor~
"5"FORK!!!!! for Sure!(^_^)~
~Photo~FLAGGED!!!!!mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Delicious..... thank you -----high 5tinadc in Cape Town loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!