German Pork ChopsFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 28 ounces canned sauerkraut drained and rinsed shopping list
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds shopping list
- 4 pork loin chops shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 cooking apples peeled cored and sliced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons raisins shopping list
- 4 teaspoons firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 4 tablespoons apple juice or water shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease shiny side of four sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Place sauerkraut into a colander then press out excess liquid.
- Place 1/4 of sauerkraut onto center of each sheet of foil and sprinkle caraway seed over the top.
- Place pork chops onto top of sauerkraut and season with pepper.
- Arrange apple slices and raisins evenly over pork chops.
- Sprinkle each portion with 1 teaspoon brown sugar.
- Over each portion spoon 1 tablespoon apple juice or water.
- To wrap bring two opposite ends of foil up and over making a double fold to seal tightly.
- Close both ends and seal tightly.
- Place packets onto a baking sheet and bake 1 hour then remove from oven.
- Carefully open packets and transfer pork mixture onto individual serving plates.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating1 people
I made this last evening, and my husband and I enjoyed it very much! I had 2 thick pork chops so baked it for a half hour longer. I'll make this again so I give you a 5 forker!conner909 in Whereabouts loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!