Bean and Cashew Nut SaladFrom chefmeow 4 years ago
- 1 cup dried lima beans soaked overnight shopping list
- 1 cup black-eyed peas freshly cooked shopping list
- 2 celery sticks finely chopped shopping list
- 1 small red sweet pepper seeded and finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoon roasted cashew nuts shopping list
- 2 green onions chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 garlic clove crushed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 6 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- In large bowl mix beans with celery and sweet pepper.
- Roast cashew nuts in dry frying pan until browned then put on paper towels and allow to cool.
- When cool toss into beans with the green onions.
- Mix tomato sauce, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, vinegar and olive oil together well.
- Pour over the beans and mix well then allow to stand one hour before serving.