Double Chocolate Coconut CookiesFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- • 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- • 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar shopping list
- • 2 large eggs shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- • 1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- • 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt shopping list
- • 2 cups white-chocolate chunks (about 9 ounces) shopping list
- • 1 3/4 cups sweetened flaked coconut shopping list
- • 1 3/4 cups coarsely chopped walnuts, (about 6 ounces) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put butter and sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Mix in eggs, 1 at a time. Stir in vanilla.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl. Mix into butter mixture on low speed until well combined. Stir in chocolate, coconut, and walnuts.
- Using a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop, drop batter onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly. Bake until set, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks 2 minutes. Transfer cookies on parchment to racks to cool completely. Cookies can be stored in airtight containers at room temperature up to 1 week.
- From Holiday Cookies 2005
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating7 people
Yum yum! high 5!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Like ithungrybear in Miner loved it
Five forky!!goodeat in Benton loved it