Grilled Italian Sausage and PeppersFrom dixiesmom 6 years ago
- 1 cup olive oil shopping list
- ½ cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- 4 TBSP fresh parsley - chopped shopping list
- 2 TBSP dried oregano leaves shopping list
- 2 TBSP dried basil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic – crushed shopping list
- 1 tsp white sugar shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 8 hot or mild sweet Italian sausage links shopping list
- 1 red onion – sliced into thick rings shopping list
- 3 bell peppers – green, red, yellow – sliced into large bite size pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Combine oil, vinegar, parsley, oregano, basil, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place sausages, onion and peppers in a large re-sealable plastic bag; pour oil mixture into bag; seal securely and marinate in the fridge for a minimum or 1 to 2 hours. Longer is better.
- Drain sausages, onion, and peppers; reserve marinade.
- Preheat grill and cook sausage, onions and peppers, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Turn and baste with reserved marinade.
- Continue cooking till vegetables are crisp tender and sausages fully cooked.
- Serve with Horseradish-Mustard Spread.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookdixiesmom Winnipeg, CA
The Rating5 people
The grilling season is upon us. Great recipe.
trinii in HAWTHORNE loved it
Grilled Italian Sausage and Peppers..WOW. I can see this happening "often"! This is one of my favorite flavor combinations. Gonna try it your way. Thank you DM!!!joyride in Spotsylvania loved it
High 5!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it