White Bean Butternut Squash Kale and Olive StewFrom canned_food_fan 3 years ago
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 3 large onions, chopped shopping list
- 1 butternut squash (3 1/4 to 3 1/2 pounds), peeled, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes shopping list
- 4 medium red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups canned vegetable broth shopping list
- 16 cups chopped kale, thick stems trimmed and leaves cut crosswise into 2-inch strips shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dried, rubbed sage shopping list
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup canned black olives, pitted and halved* shopping list
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste shopping list
- Freshly grated romano cheese, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a heavy, large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onions, and sauté over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Add butternut squash, bell peppers and garlic; sauté 10 minutes. Add broth; cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add kale and sage; cover and cook until the kale wilts, stirring often, about 10 minutes. Add beans and olives, and stir until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the stew to large, shallow bowl. Sprinkle generously with grated cheese, if desired.
- *Note: Substitute Kalamata olives, sold at Greek and Italian markets and some supermarkets.
- Servings: 8
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 390; Total fat 10g; Saturated fat 1.5g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 470mg; Carbohydrate 68g; Fiber 15g; Protein 14g; Vitamin A 840%DV; Vitamin C 470%; Calcium 35%DV; Iron 35%DV
- *Daily Value
The Cookcanned_food_fan Pittsburgh, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!