Mexican Style Crunchy Fried Chicken FingersFrom goodeat 7 years ago
- ½ cup milk shopping list
- 1 lb skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1/3 cup masa harina (yellow cornmeal) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- ½ cup all purpose flour shopping list
- peanut oil or vegetable oil shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the chicken into strips and combine it with the milk. Set aside.
- Combine the chili powder, masa harina, cumin, salt, oregano, and cayenne in a dish.
- Put the flour in another dish.
- Dip the milky chicken in the flour, then back in the milk, then in the masa harina mixture.
- Chill the chicken fingers for half an hour.
- Heat 4 inches of oil in a large pot or electric fryer to 360 degrees F.
- Fry the chicken fingers, several pieces at a time, until they are golden brown and rise to the surface.
- This will take 3 or 4 minutes. or longer
- Drain on paper towels and serve warm.