Thai Mango Sweet Sticky RiceFrom tanwiratchada 6 years ago
- 1 1/4 cups raw sticky rice (sweet or glutinous rice). shopping list
- 3/4 cup very thick coconut milk for mixing with rice shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup very thick coconut milk for topping the rice shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt for the topping shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp salt for mixing with rice shopping list
- 1/4 tsp rice flour shopping list
- 6 medium mangoes -- peeled and sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Wash and rinse the sticky rice well.
- Add enough water to the rice so until the water is about 1/4" above the rice surface.
- Cook rice in an automatic rice cooker or in a bowl in a steamer.
- Do not open the rice until fully cooked (about 20-25 mins).
- Heat, on low, 3/4 cup of coconut milk in a small saucepan.
- Add sugar and 1/2 tbsp salt to the coconut milk and cook until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and pour into cooked rice.
- Stir to mix well and set aside to let stand for about 15 mins.
- Heat the rest of coconut milk and add salt.
- Stir until the salt is dissolved. This makes the topping sauce.
- To serve, place sliced mangoes on a side of a serving disk.
- Spoon some seasoned sticky rice on the other side.
- Top the rice with 1 or 2 tsp of coconut milk and serve.