Guinness Beer Chocolate CakeFrom krumkake 3 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- butter for springform pan shopping list
- 1 cup Guinness stout shopping list
- 10 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3/8 cup unsweetened dark cocoa shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3/8 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups unbleached flour shopping list
- 2½ teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 1¼ cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature shopping list
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- ¼ cup heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- Butter a 9” springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan, combine Guinness and butter; place over medium-low heat until butter melts, then remove from heat.
- Add cocoa and sugar; whisk to blend.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Add sour cream mixture to Guinness mixture.
- Add flour and baking soda, and whisk again until smooth. Pour into buttered pan, and bake at 350 degrees until risen and firm, 45 to 60 minutes.
- Place pan on a wire rack and cool completely in pan.
- Prepare the frosting by mixing powdered sugar with the softened cream cheese and extract; blend until smooth.
- Add heavy cream, and mix until smooth.
- Remove cake from the pan and place on a platter or cake stand. Frost the top of cake only, so that it resembles a frothy pint of Guinness.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating5 people
I am baking this right away. I bet I can get hubby to stop by the store on the way home and buy the Guinness because that is all I am missing. YUM!shandy in Port Orchard loved it
Beer and chocolate cake all in one bite....It's on my list!!!...Nice to see you posting, my friend.wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
Thank you for the recipe, Krumkake! Long time, no see? Thank your daughter, too as this looks great!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!