gluten free Coconut Chocolate Chip BlondiesFrom peetabear 4 years ago
- ½ cup soft, pitted dates shopping list
- - Warm water, to cover dates shopping list
- ½ cup sifted coconut flour shopping list
- ¼ cup gluten-free all-purpose flour Blend shopping list
- ½ teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- ½ teaspoon guar gum or xanthan gum shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon salt shopping list
- ½ cup extra-virgin coconut oil or palm shortening or olive oil shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- shopping list
- all-purpose flour Blend shopping list
- Use this blend for all your gluten-free shopping list
- baking. shopping list
- 1/2 cup rice flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch/flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup cornstarch or potato starch shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Place dates in a shallow bowl. Pour warm water over them to just cover. Let stand for 1 to 4 hours. Then scoop the dates out with a slotted spoon, leaving the liquid behind.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, greasing the top of the paper and bottom and sides of the pan.
- 3. Lightly spoon flours into a measuring cup and level with a knife. Place flours, baking soda, guar gum and salt in a bowl, whisking to combine. Set aside.
- 4. Combine soaked dates, oil or shortening, eggs, honey, and vanilla in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Mix until smooth. Add dry ingredients and blend only enough to combine. Scrape batter into a bowl and fold in chocolate chips. Batter will be stiff like cookie dough. (If you don’t have a food processor, purée dates, honey, eggs, and vanilla in blender until smooth. Pour mixture into a bowl. Stir in dry ingredients and then chocolate chips.)
- 5. Spread batter into prepared pan and bake for 24 to 30 minutes on middle rack of preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with only a few crumbs. Allow blondies to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then turn onto a rack to cool completely before cutting. Store in a covered container until used.
- For Egg-Free Blondies
- replace 2 eggs with ¼ cup Ener-G egg replacer mixed with ¼ cup hot water. Whisk until smooth and gooey. Add to the wet ingredients in step 4 and proceed with recipe as instructed.
- For Raisin Blondies,
- replace 1 cup chocolate chips with 1 cup raisins or use ½ cup raisins or dried cranberries + ½ cup coarsely chopped, lightly toasted green pumpkin seeds or almonds, walnuts or pecans, if tolerated.
- . Soaked dates stand in for brown sugar, adding a sweet taste without refined sugar. They blend in so well, you won’t even notice. Like most coconut flour desserts, these bars taste even better after 24 hours in a covered container.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating6 people
This is a 5 fork yummm-O dessert recipe.stalwart in Tulsa loved it
yummy dessert thnk u my frn 4 posting it!! 5 forks!sufia in JP loved it
Yummy!!!!!! watch out for those e-mail recipes they can be good!!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it