Sweet Raisin BiscuitsFrom 247cook 4 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl, add shortening or lard and cut up fine with pastry cutter.
- Add the sugar and raisins.
- Make a well and pour 1 3/4 cups buttermilk ,mix in to a soft dough
- ( adding the rest of buttermilk if needed).
- Flour counter lightly Flatten mixed batter to 1" thick.
- Cut in to biscuits using a 3" cutter.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown
The Cook247cook Elie, CA
The Rating4 people
This looks lovely :) *****high 5tinadc in Cape Town loved it
Delicious! Five forks for sure!!dixiesmom in Winnipeg loved it
Big winner, Bigger BIG 5! We're "biscuit" crazy around here so this will be a lovely addition to our Sunday AM coffee and "what's for breakfast" routine. Thanki you 247cook!!joyride in Spotsylvania loved it