Allergy and Vegan Friendly Chocolate CakeFrom fruittart 7 years ago
- 1 3/4 c. white spelt flour (you could use regular flour if you weren’t avoiding wheat) shopping list
- 2 t. baking powder shopping list
- 1 t. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 t. salt shopping list
- 1/2 t. xanthan gum shopping list
- 1 c. plain soy milk shopping list
- 3/4 c. cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/2 c. canola oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. pure maple syrup shopping list
- 1 t. apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 2 t. vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray 9-inch springform pan or lightly grease and flour two 8-inch tins.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and xanthan gum in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the soy milk over medium low heat. When it is slightly bubbling, add the cocoa powder and whisk well until it is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Combine the other liquid ingredients in a bowl and whisk well. Add the cocoa mixture and combine. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir.
- Pour batter into prepared pan(s) and bake for 25 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Cool completely.
The Cookfruittart Champaign, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!