Apple Cinnamon Streusel Bundt CakeFrom stalwart 4 years ago
- STREUSEL TOPPING: shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold butter, cut into chunks shopping list
- 1 cup walnuts/pecans, coarsely chopped shopping list
- CAKE: shopping list
- 2/3 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 2/3 cup sour cream shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup apple, peeled and chopped shopping list
- vanilla glaze, recipe follows (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- Mix flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- Cut in cold butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in chopped walnuts / pecans.
- Set aside.
- Beat softened butter, granulated sugar and sour cream in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Gradually beat in flour and baking soda on low speed until well mixed then gently fold in chopped apple.
- Spoon 1/2 of the Streusel Topping into a greased and floured 12 cup Bundt pan.
- Spoon 1/2 of the batter over the top.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar or drizzle with Vanilla Glaze if desired.
- VANILLA GLAZE:
- Mix 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, 2 tablespoons water and 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract in a medium bowl until smooth. If necessary, stir in 1 to 3 additional teaspoons water until glaze is of desired consistency. Drizzle over cake when it has completely cooled. Let stand until glaze is set.
The Cookstalwart Tulsa, OK
The Rating5 people
Yumhungrybear in Miner loved it
Great cake!superfoodman in Metropolis loved it
Sounds fantastic. Will definitely be trying this recipe out in the near future. ^^^^^5 and thanks for sharing!!dixiesmom in Winnipeg loved it