Lemon BreadFrom mrsclause 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups sifted flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Grated rind of one lemon (always grated over batter) shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter softened shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 teaspon lemon extract shopping list
How to make it
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt then stir in grated lemon rind.In another bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.Add extract.Add flour mixture alternately with milk.Pour into a well buttered and floured loaf pan and bake in preheated 350 degrees oven for 50 minutes or until done.Dissolve 1/2 cup confectioners sugar in 1/4 cup lemon juice over low heat.Pierce top of bread and pour on topping (while bread is still hot).Cool in pan 15 minutes or longer.Turn out and cool completely on rack.
The Cookmrsclause North Pole, AL
- Not added to any groups yet!