Slow Cooker Spicy Pork and CabbageFrom hungrybear 6 years ago
- 4 to 6 pork loin chops, trimmed, 1-inch thick shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- Kitchen Bouquet shopping list
- 4 cups coarsely shredded cabbage shopping list
- 3 or 4 tart apples, cored and diced shopping list
- 1/2 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 whole cloves shopping list
- 1/2 small bay leaf shopping list
- 1-3/8 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
How to make it
- Season pork chops lightly with salt and pepper; and brush with Kitchen Bouquet. Set aside.
- Place cabbage, apples and onion in a crockpot. Add remaining ingredients, except pork chops. Toss together well to evenly distribute spices. Arrange chops on top of cabbage mixture; stacking to fit.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours, or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.