Roasted veggie soupFrom linnydnyc 3 years ago
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed shopping list
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks shopping list
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered shopping list
- 1 head of garlic, top cut off and wrapped in foil shopping list
- 1/2 can lite coconut milk shopping list
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger shopping list
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Toss vegetables in a bit of olive, salt and pepper and spread on a baking sheet. Place foil wrapped garlic in corner. Roast oven for 25 - 30 minutes, until squash is tender. Flip around veggies once during roasting.
- Put all veggies in a pot. Add ginger. Remove garlic from foil and remove all cloves. Roughly chop and put in pot.
- Add chicken broth.
- Using a hand blender, puree vegetables until smooth.
- Add coconut milk and season with salt and pepper. Heat through.