The Best Chocolate Caramel Bread PuddingFrom magali777 6 years ago
- 6 large egg yolks shopping list
- 4 large whole eggs shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- 5 cups 1/2 inch cubed chocolate cake ( I used a betty crocker mix, and put it in the microwave for 9 1/2 min) its great ! cooled and cubed. shopping list
- chocolate ganache if desired for decorating shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- In a bowl, lightly whisk together the egg yolks, whole eggs, and salt, set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan stir together the water and sugar.
- Place over medium heat to cook, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves and comes to a boil,
- Increase the heat to high and cook, without stirring,until the mixture becomes a nice golden amber.
- while sugar is cooking, put the cream in small heavy saucepan, and place it over medium heat, when little bubbles appear around the edges of the pan, then remove from the heat.
- As soon the caramel is golden amber, remove from the heat and let bubbles subside for a few seconds.
- Stir in about 1/4 cup of the hot cream, stirring.
- Add more cream little by little, once all has been added, whisk the caramel cream into reserved egg mixture, also little by little.
- Then whisk the milk.
- Place chocolate cake pieces in a 9 by 13 inch baking pan.
- Pour the caramel custard evenly over the cake
- Bake until a knife inserted into the center comes out almost completely clean. about 1 hr.
- Its better to do this bread pudding one day ahead and keep it refrigerated.
The Cookmagali777 Mexico, MX
The Rating7 people
Good recipes!superfoodman in Metropolis loved it
Woww!! Out of this world recipe Magali...The caramel is really great. Thanks my friend for a great posting.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
Sound good!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it