Stir-fried Bok ChoyFrom merlioninvancouver 7 years ago
- 1 lb bok choy (washed and cut into individual stalks) shopping list
- 1 Tbs. peanut oil (or vegetable oil) shopping list
- 1 small onion (or shallot) minced shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (more if you like) shopping list
- 2 jalapeno chilies, minced, or 2 tsp. dried red pepper flakes (optional) shopping list
- 1 Tbs. grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 3/4 cup roasted cashews (or peanuts) shopping list
- 3 Tbs. hoisin sauce (optional) shopping list
- 2 tsp. Asian dark sesame oil shopping list
- Soya Sauce to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cut off the stems off the bok choy (white part only)
- Separate the bok choy branches and cut away.
- Wash the stems and leaves and dry them.
- Heat the oil in a wide skillet or wok over medium heat and stir in the onion, garlic, and chilies or pepper flakes.
- Stir for 5 minutes or until the onion starts to turn translucent.
- Stir in the ginger and the cashews, turn the heat up to high, and add the bok choy stems.
- Stir or toss over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the hoisin sauce (optional), sesame oil, and soy sauce and cook for 1 minute more.
- Note:If the bok choy is swimming around in a lot of liquid this sometimes happens if your stove isn't hot enough to quickly boil down the liquids to a glaze- take the bok choy out of the pan with a slotted spoon and boil down the liquids in the pan until there are only about 2 Tbs of thick glaze remaining. Put the bok choy back in the pan, stir for a minute to coat it, serve immediately. Goes well with plain white rice.
The Cookmerlioninvancouver Richmond, CA
The Rating5 people
So FRESH and "5"FORK!!!!! Delicious~
I MUST give this recipe a 'try'!
~Photo~FLAGGED!!!!!mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
this sounds very good.. five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
I have never actually ever cooked with bok choy. I'm going to use this recipe to do it the first time. Thanks!chuckieb in Ottawa loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!