Brunswick StewFrom rachpj 4 years ago
- 1/2 lb. bacon shopping list
- 1 frying chicken cut up shopping list
- 2 onions, chopped shopping list
- 3 large tomatoes, peeled and quartered shopping list
- 1/2 c. sherry shopping list
- 3 cups of chicken stock shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 c. bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 pound of fresh lima beans shopping list
- 1/2 c. okra, sliced shopping list
- 3 ears of corn shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Fry up the bacon in a cast iron or heavy skillet, set bacon aside. Add onion to bacon fat and cook until tender. salt and pepper the chicken and add to skillet cook until browned on all sides. When chicken is done add the chicken and onions to a dutch oven, use the sherry to deglaze the skillet and add to chicken.
- Add tomatoes, stock and Worcestershire. Cook over low flame or med low heat for 1/2 hour. Then add lima beans, okra and corn that has been cut from the cob. Let simmer for one hour.
- Add butter and bread crumbs and cook for 1/2 hour longer.