Lemon Mastic mousse pieFrom ahmed1 4 years ago
- 24cm baked sable crust shopping list
- lemon filling: shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 150 grams caster sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 70 grams unsalted butter, at room temp. shopping list
- Mastic mousse: shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- ½ cup sugar shopping list
- 6tbsp corn flour shopping list
- 2cups full cream milk shopping list
- 75g butter shopping list
- 4 egg whites shopping list
- Pinch cream of tartar shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 5tbsp powder sugar shopping list
- 1 ¼ cup heavy cream shopping list
- 3 tbsp powder sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp gelatin powder shopping list
- 2 tbsp boiling water shopping list
- 3-4 tsp mastic powder shopping list
How to make it
- Lemon filling:
- In a stainless steel bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water, whisk together the eggs, sugar, and lemon juice. Cook, whisking constantly until the mixture becomes pale in color and quite thick. This will take about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and immediately pour through a fine strainer to remove any lumps. Cut the butter into small pieces and whisk into the mixture until the butter has melted. Add the lemon zest. Immediately pour the lemon curd into the baked crust and smooth the top.
- 4-Bake for 12 minutes till the filling is set but wobbling slightly in the middle. Take out off oven, let it cool
- Completely and then chill.
- Make the mastic mousse
- Heat the milk and vanilla to simmering point. Beat together the eggs, sugar and cornstarch to a smooth paste. Pour the hot milk gradually over the egg mixture stirring constantly. Put the mixture back into the saucepan and stir over medium until thickened and bubbles appear. Move from heat, add butter and stir until melted and combined. Cool completely.
- Beat egg whites until foamy, add cream of tartar and continue beating until soft peak forms. Start adding sugar gradually and keep beating until stiff peaks forms. Set aside.
- Stir the boiling water with the gelatin until melted and set aside to cool. Beat the heavy cream with the powder sugar until soft peaks forms and immediately add the cooled gelatin. Continue beating until all gelatin is incorporated in the cream.
- Fold the cream into the yolk mixture, fold the egg whites to the cream and yolk mixture and then fold in the mastic powder.
- Spread over the chilled lemon filling and chill overnight.
- Decorated with whipped cream and lemon zest.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating5 people
Goinna see if those Indians in Fiji know what this is. I just may get lucky. Great post as always. RJelgourmand in Apia loved it
it looks fantastic, hope I can find the mastic powder here in Mexico, I wish you all the luck in the world with your new line! it will be a hit!magali777 in Mexico loved it
'Think this will make a great gift to all moms with sweet tooth... the name sounds special... Happy Mother's day to your wife & mother,
Ahmed... to all the moms out there... most especially the fans of Ahmed who are moms... this is definitely a...moresugarmama in Chicago loved it