Grandma Maronis Tomato SauceFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 1/3 c olive oil shopping list
- 12 cloves garlic,thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 large onion,finely chopped shopping list
- 2 (28 oz) cans crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 tsp coarse salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground white or black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 c fresh basil leaves,julienned shopping list
How to make it
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook ,srtirring occasionally,until softened and lightly browned.
- Add tomatoes ,salt,and pepper,stir to combine. Bring sauce to a simmer;let simmer 20 mins.