Olivier - Russian SaladFrom 99pelmeni 5 years ago
- 1 can crisp green peas shopping list
- 5 potatoes boiled in skins shopping list
- 5 hard boiled eggs shopping list
- 1 jar Claussen Kosher refrigerator pickles shopping list
- 1 sweet onion, minced shopping list
- 1 boiled chicken breast shopping list
- 1/2 lb of deli roast beef shopping list
- 1 boiled carrot (optional) shopping list
- 1 cup Hellmann's Mayo (more or less to taste) shopping list
- parsley for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the potatoes, eggs and carrot seperately and remove from heat and allow all of them to cool.
- Skin the cooled potatoes and chop into 1/4" cubes. -Firm potatoes tend to work better for this. (soft ones turn to mush)
- Mince the onion and cooled carrot and the entire jar of pickles into 1/8" cubes. Cut the pickles lengthwise and then cross cut for best results.
- Boil the chicken, cool and chop into 1/4" cubes.
- Mince roast beef.
- Mix all ingredients together and chill for 1 Hr or so.
- Mix in mayo (more or less to taste) and garnish with chopped parsley and salt/pepper to taste.
- The meat in this recipe can be adjusted or omitted according to taste. Many Russians actually use a Russian version of bologna sausage instead of the roast beef.
The Cook99pelmeni Minneapolis, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!