Sweet and Spicy Cornish HensFrom cuzpat 3 years ago
- 1/2 c apple jelly shopping list
- 1 1/2 tb fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 1/2 tb Fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1 tb worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 ts Minced pickled jalapeño chili; (wear rubber gloves) shopping list
- 2 Cornish hens; 1-1/4 - 1-1/2 pound, halved and backbones discarded shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan combine the jelly, the lemon and lime juices, Worcestershire sauce, and the jalapeño and heat the mixture over moderate heat, stirring, until the jelly is just melted. Pat the Cornish hens dry, sprinkle them with salt and black pepper, and arrange the halves, skin sides down, on a rack in a foil-lined roasting pan. Brush the halves with some of the sauce and roast them in the lower third of a preheated 500°F oven for 15 minutes. Baste the halves with the sauce, turn them, and roast them, basting them after 7 minutes, for 15 minutes, or until the juices run clear when a thigh is pricked with a skewer.
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
The Rating7 people
Oh yum!!pleclare in Framingham loved it
fantastic! flavor combo luv it thanks for sharing awsome dish high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I love Cornish Hens and enjoy trying new ways of fixing them. Thanks; This sound great. High 5...shibattou in Fort Mohave loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!