Roasted Red Pepper CheesecakeFrom sugarmama 4 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 1/3 cup Japanese breadcrumbs (panko) shopping list
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, grated shopping list
- 1 onion, diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1 oz garlic, minced shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 2 lbs cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup bread flour shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 3 egg yolks shopping list
- 3 oz heavy cream shopping list
- 12 oz cheddar cheese, grated shopping list
- 1 lb roasted red peppers, diced shopping list
How to make it
- To make the crust:
- Mix Panko & Parmesan cheese together & set aside.
- Melt about 1 Tablespoon of butter on a frying pan & sauté garlic on it.
- Add in onions & cook until translucent & wilted. Take out from fire.
- Line a 6-inch round baking pan with parchment paper.
- Pour Panko mixture on lined pan & press using your fingers.
- Parbake on a preheated 325 degrees F oven for about 10 minutes or until slightly brown in color. Set aside while you make the filling.
- To make the filling:
- Slightly beat eggs using a spatula.
- Mix in heavy cream & bread flour. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, beat softened cream cheese using a mixer on slow speed. Constantly stop mixer & scrape bowl making sure that cream cheese is well beaten.
- Add egg-cream mixture gradually to cream cheese.
- Stop mixer & scrape bowl.
- Continue beating a little bit more.
- Mix in spices using a spatula. (Any spice of your choice like roasted pepper, grated cheddar cheese, ground cayenne pepper, ground cumin, etc.
- Pour batter to prepared 6-inch round pan & place pan in a bain marie set-up & bake in a preheated 325 degrees F oven until top is slightly browned.
- To serve, garnish on top with a mixture of diced avocado & tomato that is drizzled with a little lemon juice. Put some shredded cilantro leaves on avocado-tomato mixture.
The Cooksugarmama Chicago, IL
The Rating6 people
normally you think of cheesecake as a dessert, but this is super for an appetizer. But it sounds like something I can get into
High5 Fork Post
Janetjlv1023 in Plymouth loved it
I Like This Thank You...
Saved!chef_irish in Gainesville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!