Spicy Chicken and Cilantro WontonsFrom superfoodman 4 years ago
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless shopping list
- chicken thighs, diced shopping list
- 3 stalks lemon grass, cut into 1 shopping list
- inch pieces shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh ginger shopping list
- root shopping list
- 1/2 bulb garlic, cloves shopping list
- separated and peeled 1 fresh red chile pepper, shopping list
- chopped shopping list
- 2 bunches fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil shopping list
- 50 wonton wrappers shopping list
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- In a food processor, combine the chicken, lemon grass, ginger, garlic, chile pepper, cilantro, soy sauce and sesame oil. Pulse until thoroughly mixed and chicken is minced.
- Separate all of the wonton wrappers, and lay them out on a clean surface. Set a bowl of water to the side to dip your fingers. Place about 1 teaspoon of the chicken mixture onto the center of each wrapper. Wet the edges by dipping your fingers in water, and wiping the edge of each wrapper. Fold over into triangles, and press to seal. Take the two opposing points of the triangle, and fold around to join together.
- Heat the oil in a deep-fryer or deep pan to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). Deep-fry several wontons at a time, turning as needed, until lightly browned. Remove to drain on paper towels. Serve while hot.