Stovetop Barbecued ChickenFrom modelsmom 4 years ago
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1 small onion shopping list
- 1 can chicken broth shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups instant (5-minute) rice, uncooked shopping list
- 1/4 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1 T light or dark brown sugar, firmly packed shopping list
- 1 T lemon juice shopping list
- 1 T white vinegar (or cider vinegar) shopping list
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp onion powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard powder (or 1 tsp prepared mustard) shopping list
- black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 cup frozen green peas shopping list
How to make it
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium heat.
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion, adding it to the pan as you chop. Let cook, stirring frequently.
- Slice each breast into strips 3/4 inch wide. Add to the skillet as you slice.
- Raise the heat to high and add the broth and rice (doesn't matter if the chicken hasn't browned.)
- Stir well and bring to a boil, meanwhile adding the barbeque seasonings (ketchup, brown sugar, lemon juice, vinegar, worcestershire, garlic & onion powders, mustard, and pepper.). Stir well, and cover.
- When the broth boils, reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 4 minutes.
- Uncover and stir in the peas, then re-cover and continue to cook until almost all the broth is absorbed and the rice is tender, about 3 minutes more.
The Cookmodelsmom Worcester, MA
- Not added to any groups yet!