Country Fried Steak MexicanaFrom goodeat 6 years ago
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 (1.25-oz) packet chili seasoning mix shopping list
- 1 to 1 & 1/2 lb cubed sirloin steaks shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 (10-oz) cans diced tomatoes with green chiles, 1 can drained and 1 not shopping list
- 2/3 cup whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk together milk and egg in a medium bowl.
- Stir together flour and chili seasoning packet in a shallow bowl.
- Dip steaks in egg mixture then dredge in flour mixture, shaking off any excess, then placing them in a large skillet the hot oil.
- Fry steaks over medium-high heat 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on a wire rack in a jelly-roll pan – that’s like a cookie sheet with four sides. Keep steaks warm in a 225° oven while you whip up the sauce.
- Into the still-hot skillet stir in tomatoes, green chiles, and cook a minute or two, stirring to loosen those delicious “crispies” from the bottom of skillet. Whisk in the cream and heat to boiling, whisking constantly. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Now move those steaks from the oven to plates and serve up with the steaming sauce and some warm tortillas