Healthy Stuffed MushroomFrom rodeogirl73 6 years ago
- 1 lb (bout 24) large fresh white mushroom, cleaned shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided shopping list
- 6 oz bulk Italian sausage shopping list
- 3 green onions, sliced,(about 1/2 cup) shopping list
- 1 tsp minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning shopping list
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1/4 cup Parmesand cheese, Grated shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400. Remove stems from mushrooms. Finely chop enough stems to equal 1/2 cup and reserve. Place mushroom caps in a bowl and toss with 1 tbsp oil. Arrange caps cavity side up on a shallow baking pan, and set aside.
- Heat remaing oil in a medium skillet over high heat. Add sausage, green onion, garlic, italian seasoning, and reserved mushroom stems. Sautee, breaking up sausage into smaller pieces, for about 5 minutes, until cooked through and nicely browned. Remove from heat, add both cheeses and stir just until cheese melts.
- Stuff mushroom caps with sausage mixture and bake 10-15 minutes, until mushrooms are tender and cheese is slightly golden.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookrodeogirl73 Tacoma, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!