Giant White Chocolate Chunk Macadamia Nut CookiesFrom shandy 4 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 cup unsalted macadamia nuts, roughly chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 each: large egg, large egg yolk shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spread macadamia nuts and coconut over a cookie sheet; roast, stirring every 2 minutes, until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- 2. Increase heat to 375 degrees. Whisk flour, baking soda and baking powder together in a medium bowl; set aside.
- 3. Cream the butter in a mixing bowl with a mixer on low speed, 30 seconds. Add the sugars and salt; increase the speed to medium. Beat the mixture until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Reduce the speed; add the egg and egg yolk. Beat until combined. Beat in vanilla. Add dry ingredients; mix on low until combined. Stir in chips, nuts and coconut.
- 4. Scoop out about 3 tablespoons of dough per cookie, arranging 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets. Bake cookies 1 tray at a time, rotating baking sheet halfway through baking, until cookies are golden brown and edges have begun to set but centers are still soft, 12-14 minutes per batch. Transfer sheet to wire rack to cool.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookshandy Port Orchard, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!