Easy - Freeze Peach Pie FillingFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
How to make it
- Slice peaches into thin wedges, trying to preserve as much of the shape and juice as possible. Place into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, tapioca starch, salt and 5-spice.
- Pour over the peaches and toss to coat.
- Use immediately, OR:
- For later pie, line a pie plate with greased foil. Spoon filling into the foil to the rim of the pie plate.
- Cover with another layer of greased foil and place in the freezer.
- When frozen, remove the foil bundle and store in a heavy-duty freezer bag.
- To use, unwrap (still-frozen) filling and place into prepared pie shell. Top with crust and bake immediately at 375F for 55 minutes.
- For cobbler or crisp filling, place amount required by the recipe in heavy-duty freezer bags, gently pressing to form a single layer of fruit. Place bags on cookie sheets and freeze solid, then store as desired.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!