Steak & Egg BurritosFrom littlesponger 5 years ago
- 3-4 top sirloin steaks shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup chunky salsa shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. ground cumin shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. garlic salt shopping list
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend shopping list
- 15 eggs or 32 oz. egg substitute shopping list
- 1/2 box of frozen hash brown patties (5 patties) shopping list
- 12 large flour tortillas shopping list
- 1 can of diced tomaoes & green chiles shopping list
- a pinch of chilpotle salsa shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine olive oil, salsa, cumin, garlic salt, and cilantro.
- Place steaks in a shallow baking dish. Pour mixture over steaks.
- Place in oven for 15-20 minutes or until they reach desired doneness.
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board. Cover it loosely with foil and let rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Wrap tortillas in foil (about 4 in a batch) and heat in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Mean time, pan fry hash browns on medium heat, 5 minutes per side. Let it cool; cut into strips; set a side.
- While the steak is resting, cook the eggs. Pour desired amount of eggs into non-stick skillet over medium heat. Stir gently until eggs are set and slightly moist. Set a side.
- In a small bowl, mix diced tomatoes and a pinch of chilpotle salsa.
- To serve, divide eggs evenly among the tortillas. Add steaks & hash browns. Sprinkle each with about 2 tablespoons cheese and 1 tsp. salsa and roll up.
- Serve with tomato Salsa and sour cream.