Coconut Macaroons With NutsFrom kittens 3 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350*
- In a small saucepan, heat the eggs whites, 1/4 cup coconut and the extract, stirring constantly until mixture reaches 170*.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Beat with an electric mixer for about 8 minutes.
- Put by teaspoon full onto greased cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes. or until slightly browned.
- Makes about 2 and 1/2 dozen cookes,
- If you would like, using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, dip up cookie dough and form into a large macroon.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Making the larger cookies you will have about 9 to 12 cookies.
- Can use toasted chopped almonds, walnuts or pecans.
- For a really yummy treat, dip half of each cookie into melted chocolate. Dark chocolate will give you a Mounds candy bar type flavor and using Milk Chocolate will give you an Almond Joy candy bar type flavor.