Pasta With Vodka Cream SauceFrom hungrybear 4 years ago
- 1/2 pound uncooked penne pasta shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup vodka shopping list
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1/4 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and keep warm. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper, and garlic; sauté 1 minute.
- Add vodka; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by about half. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt, broth, and tomatoes; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes. Place tomato mixture in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender.
- Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Process until smooth. Return tomato mixture to pan; stir in cream. Cook 2 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cooked pasta, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and basil. Serve immediately.