Mexicali Pork ChopsFrom cuzpat 5 years ago
- What you add is! shopping list
- 6 boneless pork loin chops - about 1/2 inch thick shopping list
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix, and divided shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil - i use canola myself shopping list
- 3/4 cup uncooked quick rice -i steam mine shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup (4 ounce) shredded Cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cumin shopping list
- 1/2 cup jalapeno peppers - sliced -seeded if you like! shopping list
How to make it
- Coat pork chops with half of taco seasoning mix, reserving remaining seasoning mix. Brown pork chops in hot oil in a large skillet. and with low heat to cook slowly, that keep the chops from being too tough before adding to ovens
- Stir together reserved taco seasoning mix, rice, water and tomato sauce. Arrange pork chops over rice; sprinkle with green pepper and rest of Ingredients
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees F for 30 to 45 minutes or until done.
- Remove from oven; uncover, and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts. and sprinkle peppers all over as well
- i made spicy french fries and watermelon for side dishes
- taking time make great meals, that my motto!
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
- Not added to any groups yet!