Stir-fried Tofu With MushroomsFrom ecoveg 8 years ago
- 3/4 pound firm tofu shopping list
- 1 cup dried black or shiitake mushrooms, or fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1 cup canned bamboo shoots shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chinese rice wine or dry sherry shopping list
- 2 tablespoons oil shopping list
How to make it
- Remove the tofu from the package and drain.
- Cut the tofu lengthwise through the middle, so that you have two equal pieces about 1-inch thick.
- Cut into large cubes.
- If using dried black or shiitake mushrooms, reconstitute by soaking in warm water for 20 minutes or until they have softened.
- Squeeze to remove excess liquid and thinly slice. If using fresh mushrooms, wipe with a damp cloth and slice.
- Rinse the bamboo shoots in warm running water and drain.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dark soy, oyster sauce, sugar, and Chinese rice wine or dry sherry and set aside.
- Heat the wok.
- When the wok is ready, add the oil.
- Add the bamboo shoots and mushrooms and stir until they are heated through.
- Add the tofu and the dark soy/oyster sauce/sugar/sherry mixture.
- Stir-fry until the ingredients are heated through.
- Serve hot.
The Cookecoveg Montreal, CA
The Rating4 people
This is a wonderful sounding recipe
for all of us Tofu-Lovers!
Thanks for sharing! "5" Forks !
....mjcmcook....mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Huh this is very interesting I will have to give this a try soon I always love trying new food.lovingmybabbyalways in Winchester VA loved it
I tried this for dinner last night and it was delicious! Really quick and easy to cook! Thank you for sharing!Miz_J in loved it