Oven Pancake With Sausage And PearsFrom zena824 7 years ago
- 1/4 cup butter, cut up shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 8 oz cooked bratwurst or other cooked smoked sausage links, bias sliced shopping list
- 2 large green pears, cored and cut into 1 inch pieces (or 1 pear and 1 apple ) shopping list
- 1/3 cup dried tart cherries shopping list
- maple syrup shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the 1/4 cup butter in a 2 1/2 quart oval or round baking dish.
- Place dish in oven for 5 minutes or until butter melts.
- Meanwhile, in a large boel beat eggs with a electric mixer until combined.
- Add milk, flour and salt; beat until smooth.
- Immediately pour batter over butter in the hot baking dish.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until puffed and well browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan cook onion wedges in the hot butter over medium heat about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add sausage slices; cook until lightly browned.
- Stir in pears or apples and cherries' add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook about 5 minutes or until fruit is slightly softened.
- To serve, spoon sausage mixture into center of puffed pancake.
- Cut into wedges.
- Drizzle with maple syrup.