Cannoli BreadFrom jo_jo_ba 4 years ago
- 2 tbsp melted butter shopping list
- 5.5 oz ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1/3 cup vanilla sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup warm water shopping list
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, warmed shopping list
- 1 tbsp instant yeast shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup ground almonds shopping list
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup dried cherries, soaked in Amaretto overnight and drained shopping list
- 1/3 cup chocolate shot (sprinkles) shopping list
How to make it
- In a food processor, combine butter, ricotta, vanilla sugar, water and almond milk. Process until well combined, set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine yeast, flours, almonds and salt.
- Add the cheese mixture and mix with the dough hook for 10 minutes.
- Add cherries and chocolate shot, knead 2 minutes longer.
- Cover bowl and allow to rest 20 minutes.
- Knead dough 2 minutes longer, re-cover dough and allow to rest 30 minutes.
- Gently deflate the dough and shape into a smooth ball. Place on a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet and mist with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cover and allow to rise 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400F with the rack on the bottom rung of the oven. Place a pan of hot water on the floor of the oven for at least 15 minutes before baking.
- Bake loaf 25 minutes, until browned and hollow-sounding when tapped.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!