Faux Chicken Alfredo With Egg NoodlesFrom chatombreux 3 years ago
- 2 c cooked chicken, cut into bite-size pieces (I used pre-cooked turkey medallions) shopping list
- 1 1/2 c strong chicken broth (or use water + chicken bouillon) shopping list
- 2 T chopped onions (I used frozen diced onions) shopping list
- 1 c milk shopping list
- 1/3 c flour shopping list
- 1/2 t garlic salt (I used adobo seasoning because I had salted the onions and turkey) shopping list
- 1/8 t black pepper (I added this to the pan) shopping list
- 1/8 t parsley flakes (I added this to the pan) shopping list
- 2 T sour cream shopping list
- 2 c (dry) egg noodles shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Cook egg noodles according to package instructions.
- 2. While preparing noodles, start making the gravy. Put the chicken, onions, and chicken broth into a pan and bring to a boil, cooking until onions are tender.
- 3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, flour, salt, pepper, and parsley. Add to boiling mixture and boil until thickened, stirring continuously. (see my notes in the ingredients)
- 4. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream until melted. Drain egg noodles.
- 5. Serve gravy over noodles.
- 6. We served this with broccoli and corn on the cob. We had plenty to eat!
The Cookchatombreux Gloucester City, US
- Not added to any groups yet!