Super Easy Pepper SteakFrom chatombreux 4 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs. round steak, 1/4 inch thick (I cut up three 6-oz strip steaks) shopping list
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 c. flour (I mixed this with the extra broth I added) shopping list
- 3 tbsp. Wesson Oil (I used olive oil) shopping list
- 1 c. diced green pepper (I used about 1 1/2 cups of large diced) shopping list
- 1 c. water (I used chicken broth and increased the amount of liquid) shopping list
- 1 c. onions, chopped large-ish shopping list
How to make it
- Cut steak into strips about 2 inches long and 1 inch wide. (Don't worry about precision - however the steak cuts up for you work with.)
- Pound the strips to help make them tender. (I didn't do this.)
- Brush soy sauce on each side of meat strips, then sprinkle with flour. (I added the soy sauce after sautéing the steak and veggies.)
- Brown steak strips in Wesson oil over medium heat.
- Add green pepper and saute a few minutes, then add water (broth).
- Cover and simmer 35 to 45 minutes until tender (Honestly, I didn't have to cook it this long - it was all done in about 30 minutes. I added the extra broth with flour mixed near the end to thicken mixture).
- 6 servings.
- Hot fluffy rice belongs with this dish. (We used egg noodles because my daughter doesn't care much for rice. I prefer rice.)
The Cookchatombreux Gloucester City, US
- Not added to any groups yet!