Egg White Omelet ItalianoFrom hopscotch 6 years ago
- 1/3 cup shredded zucchini shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion shopping list
- 3 mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup diced tomato shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan shopping list
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Put the zucchini onto a double layer of paper towels. Cover with another double layer of paper towels and press out the excess moisture.
- Coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat.
- Add the drained zucchini, onion, and mushrooms to the pan, season with salt and pepper, and cook until browned and soft, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and Parmesan and place the mixture into a small bowl.
- Wipe the nonstick pan clean, coat again with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat. When the pan is good and hot, add the 3 egg whites and turn the skillet to evenly coat the bottom.
- When just about set, add the vegetable mixture to one side of the omelet.
- Gently fold the other side over the vegetables to form a half moon.
- Carefully slide the omelet onto a heated plate. Serve immediately with a sprinkling of fresh black pepper and the parsley, if using.
- Episode#: NF0101 Food Network (Susannah Locketti)
The Cookhopscotch CA
- Not added to any groups yet!