Jamaican ChickenFrom midgek 4 years ago
- whole chicken cut up (about 3.5 lbs) or boneless breast & thigh pieces shopping list
- juice of 2 limes shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed or grated shopping list
- 1 green pepper, chopped shopping list
- Few sprigs thyme shopping list
- 1 TBSP soy sauce shopping list
- 1 TBSP allspice shopping list
- 2 TBSP ketchup shopping list
- 1 TBSP hot pepper sauce (optional) shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 Cup hot water shopping list
How to make it
- Wash chicken pieces in lime juice, dry off
- Add onion, garlic, pepper, thyme, soy sauce, allspice, ketchup, salt & pepper to large ziplock bag and marinate chicken in mixture for 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove from marinade and reserve.
- Brown chicken pieces in hot oil
- Add marinade and hot water, simmer until chicken is cooked thoroughly (about 1/2 hour), adding additional water if necessary (should turn dark brown but you don't want the chicken/sauce to burn).
- Correct seasoning and serve with rice and peas.