Machaca With Stewed Peppers (mexican Beef)From bojangles42 5 years ago
- 2-3 lb beef brisket shopping list
- 1/2 c ground coffee beans (a Columbian or Guatemalean is great) shopping list
- 1/4 c ground chipotle pepper shopping list
- 2 T + 2 teas kosher salt shopping list
- 2 c beef broth shopping list
- 2 c water shopping list
- 1 can chopped tomatoes and juice shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic crushed shopping list
- 5 dried ancho chiles, topped and seeded shopping list
- 1 T oregano (mexican is preferred) shopping list
- 2 sticks Canella (Mexican cinnamon) or regular cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 c lime juice shopping list
- 1 each sliced - onion, red pepper, green pepper, yellow peeper, and orange pepper (or any combination of peppers) shopping list
- 1 T canola oil shopping list
- 2 cloves minced garlic shopping list
- 1 teas Mexican oregano shopping list
- 1/2 c sour cream shopping list
- 16 corn tortillas shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a grill pan to high temp
- On each side of the beef brisket rub in 1 T kosher salt, 2 T ground coffee and 2 T chipotle powder
- Sear 3-5 minutes a side. Move to a braising pan with fatty side up
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Add beef broth, water, canned tomatoes, garlic, oregano,ancho chiles, Canella, remaining ground coffee, chipotle powder, and salt. The liquid should just cover the meat. Add more water if necessary.
- Cook at 350F for 2 hrs covered
- Reduce heat to 250F and cook for 2 more hours
- Cool until meat can be handles and shred
- Strain the braising liquid and retain the liquid.
- Heat the canola oil in a pan to med high
- Add the onions, garlic, and peppers - saute for 2 minutes
- reduce heat to low and stir in oregano and sour cream
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes
- Heat the reserved braising liquid
- Warm the tortillas
- Place some of the stewed peppers in a tortilla.
- Use a tongs and dip some shredded machaca in the hot braising liquid
- Place meat in taco
- Top with guacamole
- Serve the pepper and machaca in a sub roll with the braising liquid as an au jus.
- Use the peppers and machaca along with shredded cheese, salsa and guacamole to top corn chips for a supreme plate of nachos.
- Use the machaca as a tamale filling
- Use a big flour tortilla, rice, beans, machaca, stewed peppers and lettuce to make a great burrito.
- Use flour tortillas, machaca, stewed peppers, guacamole, lettuce for beef fajitas
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookbojangles42 Rochester, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!